5.20.2008

Mid Week Mama Bailey- When a dog lurves a ball.

So Bailey's got this ball.
It's kind of like a mini basketball that squeaks.
My old roommate (now Mrs. Ari), originally bought her this said ball at the grocery store probably a few months after we adopted her in 2005. Since then it has become her ultimate toy. She loves playing with it more than any other toy that she owns.
Now I know what you're asking. You've had the same squeaky plastic ball since 2005.
Haha. If you thought that then you obviously don't own a dog.
Let's see mini- basketball #1- got lost behind the fridge at my aunts house, while Tim and my cousin were playing keep away from Bailey.
Mini-basketball #2 lost its squeak, so Bailey would try to play and then become very sad.

So now we are on #3 and #4...since well I bought two the last time I saw them...just in case.
Anyway- Bailey likes to pounce like a cat on her toys while she plays with them, so she often loses them under furniture. For instance Tim was reaching under the bed about two weeks ago and found one of these balls. Who knows how long it had been under there, but Bailey was so excited to see it she just didn't care.

We recently got a new coffee/TV table for our living room and it is just high enough off of the ground for Bailey to get the ball stuck underneath. Bailey will stop at nothing to get the ball back.

Exhibit A:



Exhibit B:

And then there are sometimes when it is just too far for her to grab... so she looks up at me like this:


A little help, Mom.

I fall for it every time.

Go say hi to - Smalls, Ben, Kaya, Ted, Rufus, Gus and Zapp.

8 comments:

Bruce said...

Ha ha I love it. He is saying "put down that stupid camera and get my ball please"

Bruce said...

Sorry I mean SHE is saying.....

RA said...

How do you deal with the squeaking? We have a no-squeak policy at our house because it would drive me bonkers.

Katelin said...

oh man i couldn't deal with the squeaking either. i do not work well with noisy toys of any sorts, haha.

Insane Mama said...

I am going to have to post some pictures of my dogs too I have a golden retriever named Amy and a mutt also named Bailey :)

Audrey said...

Awww, a dog's life is so hard, isn't it?

Ben's signature cat-like move is batting at things with his front paws -- bugs, toys, other dogs, people . . . if he wants to play, he will start batting!

Vanessa said...

How could you *not* fall for it? She loves her ball and counts on Momma help to get it back! Because hello? Mom? I don't have thumbs!

Erin said...

Awwww, Bailey! I'm sorry your mom got a coffee table that traps your ball!