After a long talk with a good friend, I have decided after 4 years to quit working part time at the Gap.
Part of me is very sad.
Very very sad.
But the store that I have worked at for all of those 4 years has changed a ton.
It's not the same environment that I loved for so long.
So it's time to pack it in.
But part of me feels liberated.
No more calling on Thursday to find out if I have to work all weekend.
No more working weekends.
It took me a really long time to make this decision. But I feel it was exactly the right time for me to do so. This summer is really busy and since I only work on weekends anyway, I won't be around much.
The discount will be missed.
Tremendously.
However, there is nothing that says I can never work for the company again.
Just maybe at another store.
So there's always that.
Sad though, huh?
*So now that you've read it, what should the title of this post be??
Oh and I joined Mission Put Together... so look for me on the Flickr pool now.
:)
5.20.2008
Not Sure What the Title Should Be*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
As a long time addict of working retail ... I have to say GOOD FOR YOU. It's so sad when the environment you fell in love with just isn't the same anymore. I know corporate has to change and grow, but really, some things would be better staying the same.
Good luck! and Congrats! Enjoy your weekends!!
*post title?: a gap in employment
Falling out of the Gap?
Falling out of love with the Gap?
...I liked Moo's a lot.
Though I know you'll miss that discount, that's the only real thing I've heard you say you enjoyed about your job there in a long time. I can't wait to see you weekends now!
RIP, Gap employment. You have made the right decision.
Congrats! Boo to working weekends!
I'm glad you've joined the M:PT pool! But I would miss the Gap discount, too, for sure.
the title should be, closing the gap :) i love puns.
Yay, M:PT! Boo, Gap. I guess now you'll have more free time to put together outfits.
i don't think i've bought one thing at Ann Taylor Loft since I stopped working there 3 yrs ago. Its so sad having to pay full price!! Actually i do think its acceptable to buy stuff at the outlets though ;)
i did the same thing (part time retail job for years) and it was such a huge relief to quit. you won't regret it.
and i'm joining mission PT next week! (i know, so late in the game but i'm finally getting the full length mirror i've always wanted!)
How about (No longer) Mind the Gap?
No? Too cheesy? Fine, then pick your own title! :)
Congrats on making the decision. I hope nothing but the best for you!
I'm not sure what the title should be, but sometimes it's just time to move on. As people we are all growing and changing. Sometime we outgrow our environment and it just doesn't fit anymore. Kudos to you for making a hard decision and moving on to greater things. Or just free weekends!
I had similar feelings when I decided to quit working at Borders after 5 years. It just wasn't the same place for me anymore.
Luckily, my husband is a manager at Borders, so we still get the fatty discount!
Awww.... I am sorry you're sad about it... but there is a time when retailers have to get out! Been there, done that. I do miss the retail discount. :-(
Post a Comment