9.10.2008

Beatrice Barclay: The London Lookout

In hopes to complete my A-list goals, I allowed myself to be harassed by a person in Soho to view a 'special screening' of a movie that has not been released. This woman heard my American accent last weekend and came running after me saying "Excuse me! Excuse me! Are you American?" Being very scared, I responded that I was and quickly learned that it was safe to candidly answer as the woman was only looking for someone to participate in her movie focus group. Being focused about movies (stars that is) I decided to sacrifice myself and mobile number (we don't call them cell-phones in this neck of the woods).

I think I signed something tonight that does not allow me to disclose publicly what I saw, but I will tell you it was a movie staring Eva Green. Naturally, and naively, I thought that perhaps Eva Green herself would attend this special screening to see what I have to say about not only her acting but the movie itself.

A group of us gathered in this bizarre office building in Soho. For those of you not familiar, Soho is the red-light district of London. Since we all seemed to have our 'golden ticket' at hand that allowed us access to see this movie, I was totally expecting a 'Willy Wonka' moment where some weird guy would bring us into a room and make us eat ice cream that never melts. Instead, we just waited to see this very boring film that I will not disclose the details of.

Once the film was done, I was ready for Eva Green to come and explain why she let her agent allow her to act in such a piece of trash. But unfortunately instead, I was stuck in the middle of a focus group with other Americans and some British giving their opinion of the film. Apparently, I am a minority as people thought this film was 'compelling'. Eva Green did not pop out and give me her autograph and invite me to the pub. Instead, I was informed that the film makers were in the back row and listening to our critiques of their rubbish film. Turning my head hoping that Steven Spielberg was back there, I was disappointed only see a row of no-bodies.

Another week, another miss at the A-list. But if I was near movie directors, does that count for something?

Until next time….Cheers!

~Beatrice

xx

3 comments:

tarah said...

You should send the production company a bill for your time as well as false advertising.

Sorry for the let down!! But maybe you'll get an invite to the premier for being such a pivotal part of the movie making process? I'm sure Eva will be there!

Anonymous said...

I love that you had a golden ticket! Sorry the movie was lame, though.

Anonymous said...

Maybe no celeb sightings, but still, the exclusive pass to the screening sounds very fabulous and important. Even if it was a boring flick, I am impressed by you and your golden ticket getting self.