Tomorrow is my 25th Birthday.
A birthday that I have been kind of dreading for a whole year now.... which is weird because I love my birthday. Normally I celebrate it for a whole week. That does not look like its happening this year.
There are no plans for tomorrow.
There are semi-plans with friends for Saturday night. However, Tim just sent out the e-mail this morning seeing if people were free. Next year I'm planning it all myself.
Am I assuming too much that after being with someone for 6 years that they would care enough to ask if you wanted to do something for your birthday? If I am please tell me and I will get over this.
As I type this I am getting e-mails from friends telling me they can't come on Saturday which I figured because, hello people are busy, they don't just sit around waiting for you to e-mail them about plans for your birthday.
When I asked Tim about going to dinner or something tomorrow night, just us for my actual birthday he said, "What dinner? We're doing something Saturday night. I didn't think you would want to do something Tuesday".
So I am sitting here at work, doing all I can to hold back tears, which is easier said than done.
Happy birthday?
Not this year.
God that's depressing.
:)
9.08.2008
Birthday Blues.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I <3 YOU WOMAN!!!
AND HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY
BIRTHDAY!!!
i will take you out tomorrow night for your birthday!!! i am in a very similar baot for my own birthday and would love nothing more than to go on a woman date with you to celebrate (screw the men - they can stay at home and scratch themselves for all i care)!!!
Boys are useless when it comes to this stuff. I say you take Melanie up on her offer (wish I could join you, but it's a bit of a hike across the country - pretend I am there).
I'm not telling you happy birthday until tomorrow :P So Happy Day Before Your Birthday!!!! Hugs!
Awww...I'm sorry you're sad about your birthday. I would go out with you tomorrow AND Saturday if I was there.
Don't be sad though. Birthdays are fun. And I'm liking 25. It's like I'm a real adult age! And you will be too!
I miss you!!
Guys, generally, are clueless. But sometimes they are planning surprises. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Wishing you a happy 25th!
I am SO sorry. Sometimes men are so clueless it's a wonder they can cross the street themselves. Yes, he should have planned better. 25 is a big deal. Dinner tomorrow night should not even be a questions of whether or not to go, WHERE to go maybe but not IF you should go. Is there anyone else you can celebrate with? Don't fall headlong into the Quarterlife Crisis ok? eHUGS
aw silly boys. i hope tim realizes you deserve a spectacular birthday dinner, yay for birthdays! :)
Happy Birthday! I hope it turns out to be a great one.
I had a terrible time turning 25. I felt really, really old. Here's hoping you don't! :)
i've totally had those birthdays before. they suck. :(
hope you feel better soon. happy birthday from the blogosphere that loves you!
There are some birthdays that are so momentous that it feels weird not to celebrate them.
The 25th was a particularly hard one. I don't know why.
I hope you get taken out to a nice dinner and get some surprises on your birthday!
Have a happy one!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Even though it all worked out in the end, I still think boys are lame. 25 was a hard birthday for me. It was a good birthday, but it was the whole quarter life crisis thing. I am 27 now and trust me, life is still pretty good at this age :-)
Post a Comment