This idea has been copyrighted, trademarked and all rights preserved - so don't get any ideas.
About two months ago, Julie and I (Tarah) came up with the best idea for a new business, probably ever. It sprung from a conversation* about scones that evolved to the topic of muffins in general, the tops in specific. It may sound like the Seinfeld episode, but we've thought it through and will be smarter, better.
We don't want to discard the tops and be wasteful. Nor would we want to back them without the cup from which the tops may rise. No disc-muffins for us. But here's The Quandary: What to do with the inferior baked good that is the muffing bottom? Here is a menu of sorts that resulted from our conversation:
Primary item sold: Muffin Tops of varying flavors.
Other items:
Muffin Croutons (for things like porridge, oatmeal - could go well on salads)
Muffin Pudding (using muffin combinations such as blueberry and lemon poppy or pumpkin spice and cranberry nut)
Beverages:
Coffee
Espresso Drinks (including year round gingerbread lattes)
Champagne drinks
Thai Iced Coffee
Thai Iced Tea
We won't expand our products too much, a la Dunkin' Donuts, at the expense of our quality. To say the least, this place will rock.
* - See below for the conversation
julie: ps starbucks has raspberry scones now
WOW
me: really
interesting
I used to really not like scones
julie: i got one this morning
me: way too dry
julie: its not like a real scone
its not dry at all
me: but I think i was eating crappy ones
julie: its more like a squashed muffin
me: because I've had some really good ones lately
lol mmmm I do like muffins
I've been thinking about a muffin that I had a year ago lately
julie: uh
me: I got it at this coffee shop in the north end - it was like, whole wheat nut cranberry. and just the top
julie: yea muffin tops are the best the stumps suck
me: it's true
I wonder what they do with the stumps... and if it's at all like the seinfeld episode
julie: EXACTLY
i wonder though if you could make it without it
me: I was thinking about that too
julie: or maybe you could use it to make something else?
me: or if you needed the cup to make it rise so it's top like, not disk like
julie: right
ok so lets think of ways to use the stumps
me: muffin pudding? they make bread pudding
julie: and this may turn into a blog post for today
hmm
true
me: lol
julie: it could be all different flavors
like blueberry muffin pudding
me: or you could combine two muffins for ultimate pudding fusion
like blueberry and lemon poppy
julie: oooooo
yeaaa
i think we're on to something
me: oatmeal croutons
julie: oooooo
me: (croutons for oatmeal, that is)
julie: right
lol
me: we should obviously open a bakery
julie: obviously
me: muffin centric
and not expand to other bakery products and lose the quality like apparently dunks did
julie: yea they did
me: for drinks, various coffee products and champagne-breakfast drinks
hear me out
gingerbread lattes
all
year
round
~*~*~*~*~*~ (those are gchat jazz hands)
julie: i think we need to serve Thai iced coffees and teas
me: I concur
julie: awesome i am making this into a sweet blog spot**
**Said blogspot was never posted because dear Julie, is a busy girl. I'm sure hers would have been far better than this, but I did what I could. And remember. The idea is copyrighted - so no stealing!
4 comments:
You SO have to do this! I did a post about muffin tops last fall and they were awesome. I fed the stumps to my dogs (which turned out to be a bad idea) because I couldn't think what else they could be used for at the time. Muffin croutons for oatmeal is genius! Absolute genius!
I love that you remembered this... Because it was seriously one of our best convos ever.
Did we really talk about puddings?
That's what the record says.
I'm a little sad that we've only devised 2 uses for the muffin bottoms.
muffin pudding? hmmm...!
Post a Comment