7.01.2010

The People vs. KGB ***

*KGB the text messaging answer service- not the Russian Security Organization.

**SPOILER ALERT**
The following may give away information if you watch the TV Show "The Deadliest Catch".

Have you heard of KGB?
The service where for 99 cents (USD) you can text them a question (to 542-542) and they will send you a response. I have used this service, even though I have an iPhone, because it's fast and sometimes I like asking them obscure questions like... "what color shirt do I have on"- which they have guessed correctly by the way- creepy.

Moving on.
Yesterday my friend Dustin put up a Gchat status that said "KGB just answered one of my questions incorrectly... I'm working on getting a free T-shirt".
Of course I had to know what happened.

me: HA! what question did you ask?

10:18 AM Dustin: deadliest catch spoiler alert first.
you see last night's episode/ do you watch?
me: i do
but i usually catch the replay
Dustin: so should I answer?
10:19 AM me: yea yea
Dustin: I asked what's the name of the episode of deadliest catch where phil harris dies
and they answered "empty throne," which was last night
10:20 AM but he ended the episode in surgery, and makes an appearance in the next episode.
me: oooh snap
Dustin: yeah

Now. Most people, at least I think most people, may have just let this go.
Dustin however, wrote the company an e-mail. Which he then forwarded to me- and with his permission, I am posting here for all of the internet to see.

From: Dustin [mailto:contact@kgb.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 7:46 AM
To: SMS Customer Service
Subject: Incorrect Answer

Name: Dustin
Subject: Incorrect Answer
URL: http://superbowl.kgb.com/

Body:

One of your answers was incorrect. I asked "What's the name of the Deadliest Catch episode where Phil Harris dies?", and your agent responded "Empty Throne," along with the showtimes for yesterday. Phil is actually still alive in the next episode, "Cain and Abel," shown on the previews last night.

Instead of a refund, I would much prefer a KGB t-shirt, size XXL.


On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 2:34 PM, SMS Customer Service
<SMS.CustomerService@kgb.com> wrote:
Dear Dustin,

We are sorry for your wrong answer. You may email us your cell number that used our service or you may also go to http://542542.com/refunds and we will be happy to issue you a free credit. We are unable to issue t-shirts.

We would also like to look into the Agent that was responsible for sending a wrong answer so that we may contact their manager.

We look forward to your reply and hope that you will give us a second chance.

Thank you,

kgb_ Customer Service

From: Dustin [mailto:contact@kgb.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 3:22PM
To: SMS Customer Service
Subject: Incorrect Answer

Thank you anyway. I appreciate your desire for quality control and accuracy, but I use your service exclusively for entertainment purposes and initiating corrective actions against your agents isn't in the spirit of things. Don't worry, I still plan on using you in the future, shirtless or fully clothed.
-D

::Chuckling::


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He should have pushed for a t-shirt. But I love his response!

Erin said...

Too funny! He should get a t-shirt just for a witty response!

Nicole P. said...

love it!