My minication (read as my mini-vacation) was tons of fun.
Atlanta is an awesome city.
The back roads of Alabama were all that I dreamed of and more.
The Florida beaches are gorgeous.
And I got the worst sunburn that I have ever received in my entire life.
Since I have so much to talk about, I figured I would break everything up into days.
So today is Day Uno, Saturday July 14th.
Friday night after working both of my jobs, I met up with Tim and our friends Alex and Dustin to see and 11:15pm showing of Harry Potter- The Order of the Phoenix.
The movie got out around 130am, and we got home around 2am.
Oh wait. Back up.
Did I forget to mention that I had a 6am flight out of Boston to Atlanta?
After about 2 hours of sleep, Alex came back to my apartment and drove me to Logan.
Needless to say I slept the entire 2.5 hour flight.
Immediately after I was picked up from the airport, (by the infamous Ari & Joanna, and our friend Phil), I was whisked away to probably one of the best southern breakfasts (at this place called The Flying Biscuit) that I have ever eaten in my life.
Ari and Joanna
My Southern Omelette- Collard Greens & Bacon with Creamy Grits
Organic Oatmeal Pancakes with Georgia Peaches
We spent most of the day downtown at the Georgia Aquarium.
Did you know that they have 4 WHALE SHARKS at this Aquarium??? They are HUGE!
There were also 4 Beluga Whales, Three of which are on loan from the New York Aquarium in Coney Island. (My old stompin' grounds).
While I was there I may or may not have seen the whales trying to continue their species.
Let's just say, it was HUGE!
The line for the World of Coke was too long. So we hung out in Centennial Park until it was time to go home and get ready to head out to dinner with Phil and his family.
Tomorrow- Day 2.
6 comments:
Four things:
* Excuse my French, but that breakfast looks fucking amazing.
* I am sad that you did not go to the Coke museum.
* I dig the leggings!
* Yes. Wii is necessary for life. One day, I hope that the L.Sass Mii and the Julie Mii can be friends.
southern food...WANT SOME NOW....
Glad you enjoyed your Gaycation.
You are a dedicated blogger- you have pictures of your food! You make me feel like such a slacker. O.K. I am a slacker, but can you blame me I have to walk everywhere around here without a car! I'm tired.
It looks like you had a great time with your friends!
I LOVE the Flying Biscut! I even have a cookbook from there, and I own a total of like 3 cookbooks. I received said cookbook as a holiday gift, um, two year ago? Three? And I haven't made a thing out of it yet. But maybe someday. That's good eatin'.
mmmm i could go for some breakfast now (and it's almost 10 pm).
Dude, I LOVE the leggings. You totally rocked 'em!
Post a Comment